Details about the main benefit office and service contact points
Information and advice on Housing and Council Tax reduction is available at the main benefit office at Middlesbrough House and three Service Contact Points across Middlesbrough.
See below for details on Middlesbrough House or select the 'More contact information' heading on the left side for details on the Service Contact Points.
Staff will be pleased to answer any queries you have or help you to complete an application form - please remember to bring with you evidence of identity, national insurance number, proof of residency and rent charged as well as proof of all income and savings.
At Middlesbrough House you do not need an appointment but will need to take a ticket before you are seen at reception.
- You will be seen by a fully trained Advisor
- We aim to keep waiting times to a minimum
- Appointments are available on request
- An interpreter can be arranged by prior appointment
- A trained 'signer' for the hearing impaired can be arranged by prior appointment
- Hearing loops are available in some of the interview rooms
- Disabled toilets are available
- Limited parking is available outside Middlesbrough House next to the Registry office (including disabled spaces) or on Corporation Road.
- Braille, tape & large print - letters and forms can be made available in braille, tape or in large print. Let us know what service you require and we will take care of the rest. This service is free.
You can also contact the Benefit Services and Revenue Services at Middlesbrough House by telephone, email or post. Please see below for our contact details.
When you get in touch with our office we will also ask you questions based on the information on your claim before giving you information. This is so we can make sure it is you contacting us and not someone trying to get information about you.
View Middlesbrough House in a larger map
|Monday:||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Tuesday:||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Wednesday:||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Thursday:||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Friday:||8.30am to 4pm|
|Address:||PO Box 98, Middlesbrough House, 50 Corporation Road, Middlesbrough|
|Post Code:||TS1 2YQ|
01642 726005 - Benefit Section
01642 726007 - Revenue Section