How the Council complies with the Equality Act 2010
The Equality Act not only places a general Public Sector Equality Duty upon the Council, it also allows for a code of practice on specific duties regulations, setting out in detail steps that should be followed to ensure compliance. This will be developed by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
Part of the requirement of the Act is that the Council Council publishes a range of information / data to demonstrate compliance with the public sector equality duty by no later than 31st January 2012. The published information must include, in particular, information relating to persons who share a relevant protected characteristic who are:
- Its employees
- Other persons affected by its policies and practices.
Information on the council's employees is contained within Annual Workforce Monitoring report.
The Council also gathers data on the specific needs of different groups and communities of interest within the town through various needs assessment processes:
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- Children and Young People Needs Assessment [679kb]
- Childcare Sufficiency Audit
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment [1019kb]
- Ward profiles
- Analysis for Strategic Playing Pitches [1Mb]
- Tees Valley Strategic Housing Market Assessment [3Mb]
- Safer Middlesbrough Partnership Strategic Assessment [620kb]
- Workforce Monitoring Report 2011-12 [425kb]
- Children's Trust Performance Information
- Performance data [145kb]
- Quarterly performance reports
The information from these needs assessments and performance data is then used to inform the Council's various plans and strategies.
- Children and Young People's Plan [6Mb]
- Child Poverty Strategy
- Middlesbrough Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy [3Mb]
- Homelessness Strategy [427kb]
- Youth Homelessness Prevention Strategy [446kb]
- Strategic Plan [1Mb]
- Annual Equality and Diversity report [172kb]
- People plan [124kb]
- Housing Strategy Part 1 [1006kb] Housing Strategy Part 2 [438kb]
- Local Transport Plan [1Mb]
- Libraries Service Plan [172kb]
- Domestic Violence Strategy [485kb]
- Annual Corporate Complaints report
- Middlesbrough substance misuse recovery strategy
- Equal Opportunities Policy [76kb]
- Equality Monitoring Policy [67kb]
- Harassment, Discrimination and Bullying policy [48kb]
- Impact Assessment policy [370kb]
The Council's approach to equality and diversity is summarised within the annual Equality and Diversity report.