1 June - Money and benefits advice event
All are invited to a special money advice event being held in Middlesbrough later this month
All are invited to a special money advice event being held in Middlesbrough later this month.
Experts will be on hand with advice and support on all areas of personal finance and benefit entitlement.
The multi-agency Money and Benefits Advice Event takes place at Thorntree Community Centre, in Birkhall Road, Thorntree from 10am to 1.30pm on Wednesday, June 13.
Advisers will offer expertise and information on a number of topics including:
- Benefits, Council Tax and housing benefit
- Planned changes to benefits and tax credits
- Benefit entitlement
- Loans and debts
- Joining a credit union
- Finding the best loan and saving options
- How to spot and avoid scams and rogue traders
Those attending will be offered one-to-one advice sessions with experts from a range of agencies and organisations including the Citizens Advice Bureau, Middlesbrough Council's Welfare Rights, Money Advice and Trading Standards/Consumer Advice services, JobCentre Plus, the Five Lamps Organisation and credit unions.
- Anyone who would like to attend is asked to book an appointment in advance by calling 01642 802284.