Whats on or whats coming soon at Myplace...
" For young people, by young people"
Myplace is a state-of-the art £4.3 million venue and activity centre for young people in Middlesbrough. It has amazing facilities and opportunities for young people including a theatre, TV and recording studio, Internet café, alcohol free nightclub, sensory room and amphitheatre. We officially opened on 30th June 2012.
Myplace is your place...
Everything from the modern, colourful interior to the range of activities, leisure and support on offer, has been decided by the young people for the young people. From the initial grant application to the doors opening, a group of over 800 young people have been involved with every decision - and you can get involved too!
Myplace is open for everyone aged 9-19 years (or up to 25 with special needs).
There are many ways in which you can enjoy Myplace it's up to you!
- Pop down for a coffee or game of pool with some friends
- See what's going on, or sign up for a future event, activity or group
- Check job vacancies, volunteering, training courses or get confidential advice, information or guidance from a range of services
Become a member of myplace for just £5 a year. You can then use myplace every day for 50p (£1 on the door for non-members). You can even get involved with deciding on activities, events and more! Myplace's motto is: "For young people, by young people"
What Middlesbrough's young people say about Myplace:
- Nancy Harker, aged 13: "Myplace is my inspiration. My place of freedom and my place of fun."
- Ibrahim Sonny Diallo, aged 16: "I've been involved with Myplace doing activities and the good thing is that they have all the facilities young people would need and they allow everyone to access their equipment. "I think every young person will enjoy coming here and have some fun and get confidence with different personalities. myplace is wonderful to me!"
- Bobby-Leigh Howard, aged 15: "Myplace, Middlesbrough's place, our place. That's what Myplace means to me!"
- Dion Howard, aged nine: "Myplace is fun. I really like it and everybody is friendly."