Whinney Banks Primary School
|Head Teacher||Mr J Wiffen|
|Age range||3 - 11 years|
|Number of pupils on roll||345 plus 39 nursery places|
|Statement of school's ethos/values|
- We are committed to being an open-minded, supportive and professional team who respect one another and work together to make a difference.
- We aim to create a positive atmosphere of trust, respect and high expectations between pupils, staff, parents and other professionals.
- We are determined to foster a happy, safe and calm environment, where children behave well and become confident, independent life-long learners.
- We encourage pupils to: care for one another, develop self-esteem, take pride in their learning, take responsibility for their actions, strive for high standards in their behaviour and academic and personal achievement.
- In order for them to experience success and realise their potential, we seek to treat all children fairly and have high expectations of each individual.
- We are passionate about providing children with a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum. This is delivered in a high quality, stimulating manner, using first hand experience and practical activities wherever possible.
- We strive to build effective learning partnerships between home, school and the community. By working together, our aim is to be recognised as a successful school, where parents are happy to send their children and to which children are happy to come.
- We want children to leave Whinney Banks:
- Enquiring, independent thinkers
- Literate, numerate and ICT competent
- Creative, resourceful and able to solve problems
- Self confident learners who are willing to try new things and make the most of opportunities
- Well rounded personalities who recognise their talents and have ambitions
- Emotionally healthy
- Having the confidence to express themselves and value their own and others' contributions
- Understanding their own and other cultures and traditions, with a strong sense of their place in the diverse
- Having enjoyed their learning experience
- With the ability to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.