Benefits and Council Tax Icon

Cancel your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction claim

If you no longer want to claim Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax Reduction, you'll need to tell us the date you wish to cancel your claim from, and the reasons why.

Complete the cancel a benefit online form.

Please note, if you want to cancel your claim because you're starting work, have had an increase in your working hours, or a partner who is employed is moving in with you, you may still qualify for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction if you're on a low income.

To check whether you'll still qualify for help you can use the online benefit calculator before cancelling your claim.