Our guidelines are here to make sure our building is Covid-secure, to keep both members of the public and our staff safe.
- Anyone who has coronavirus symptoms and / or is self-isolating should not attend the Register Office. If the person / people with symptoms are the bride and / or groom, please contact the Register Office on 01642 729004 so we can reschedule your ceremony.
- We've changed the capacity of our ceremony rooms. More information is available below.
- Everyone will need to use hand sanitiser when they enter the building.
- Windows in the ceremony room will be left open for ventilation, to help reduce the risk of infection.
- There are no toilets open in the building. The nearest toilets are in the Town Hall (entry via Corporation Road).
We realise that your ceremony will be different from your original plans, but we’ll do our very best to make sure that your day with us is still special and memorable.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to member of staff, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01642 729004 and we’ll be happy to help.
Please note, these guidelines may change if government guidance or rules are updated.
Cancelling or rescheduling your ceremony due to coronavirus
It may be necessary to cancel and/or reschedule ceremonies at short notice due to changes in government restrictions, or our staff needing to self-isolate.
We will contact any affected customers as soon as possible if there are any changes to the services we're offering.
By booking a ceremony during the pandemic, you agree that you understand and accept the risk of late notice cancellations and/or rescheduling. We aim to always give customers as much notice as possible.
If you have a ceremony booked, you will have the option of either being contacted at a later date to reschedule the ceremony, or getting a refund (excluding the non-refundable booking fee).
If you cancel your ceremony, you will receive a refund minus the non-refundable booking fee.
Permanent changes to guest numbers in our ceremony rooms
We've reviewed and risk-assessed the number of guests our ceremony rooms can hold, and we're making some changes. For the safety and comfort of our guests and staff, we're reducing the number of people we can fit in our rooms. These changes are permanent, and will apply even when there is no longer a legal limit on attendees at ceremonies.
The Erimus ceremony room is now limited to the bride and groom and 40 guests, which includes your 2 witnesses to sign the register.
The Victoria ceremony room is now limited to the bride and groom and 10 guests, which includes your 2 witnesses to sign the register.
The statutory ceremony room is limited to the bride and groom, and 2 witnesses, only.