Middlesbrough Council uses the NEPO (North East Procurement Organisation) Portal for all quotations and tenders.
NEPO works in partnership with 12 North East local authorities on the strategic procurement of goods and services in order to deliver savings, maximise efficiencies and promote best practice.
If you're interested in receiving information on contract opportunities, you can register as a supplier on the NEPO portal. Registration is free of charge.
The system has recently been upgraded, and the following documents may be useful for existing suppliers who need guidance:
- New NEPO platform - what's new for suppliers (PDF)
- Supplier Action Checklist (PDF)
- Supplier FAQs (PDF)
If you're unable to register or log into the system, or have any technical queries, please contact the NEPO Portal Helpdesk by calling 0330 005 0352 or via email to ProContractSuppliers@proactis.com.
For general queries about NEPO, please phone 0191 261 3940 or email email@example.com.
Please note, for security reasons you can't use old versions of internet browsers to access the NEPO system*. If you're running any of the following browsers, please update your system: Internet Explorer (pre v9) / Chrome (pre v32) / Firefox (pre v30) / Safari (pre v6.26) / Opera (pre v22).
* If you're not sure which browser you use, visit What's My Browser. Read more about updating your browser.
Benefits for suppliers
- a more consistent way of dealing with public sector customers in the North East
- an enhanced online portal to make it easier to respond to the procurement process
- a programme of work to help local, smaller, diverse and voluntary sectors improve their relationship with local government
- a sharper focus on supporting competitive businesses which are capable of growing in the North East, by promoting understanding of how to sell to the wider public sector.
If you'd like more information, please visit NEPO, where you can review the constitution, member list and objectives.