Welcome to the new ‘Teeswide Safeguarding All’ suite of eLearning safeguarding courses in conjunction with Me-Learning.
The adult and children's safeguarding partner organisations across Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, Hartlepool, and Stockton-on-Tees actively support the ‘Think Family’ approach, and are committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff and volunteers working with vulnerable people: adults, children, young people, and families.
What courses are available?
How much do courses cost?
All courses are currently free of charge for staff and volunteers working within the Tees area in statutory, voluntary, or not-for-profit organisations.
Please note, commissioned care providers, nurseries, academies, and independent schools are not considered as private or for-profit organisations, and staff can access the eLearning free of charge.
How do I access the training?
All previous Virtual College eLearning accounts have been closed. All users will need to register with Me-Learning in order to access the training.
We strongly recommend that you use Google Chrome to access the courses, as it gives the best learning experience.
Users new to Me-Learning
- Go to the Me-Learning website
- Choose the Self Register option
- You will need to complete a short form with your details
- The question mark icon next to each field provides guidance on completing the field – please read these to ensure that the form is completed correctly. It is very important that you complete the Care Provider/ Organisation Name box accurately; if you work for a care provider please type in the name of the service e.g. the name of the Care Home rather than the name of your employer/organisation.
- Once you submit the form you will then receive an email containing your username and password (please check in case this goes into your spam/junk folder)
- Enter the details onto the login page – you will be prompted to change your password to something more memorable
- Once you have logged in you will then be able to select a course using the Course Library option
Users who already have a Me-Learning account
- Go to the Me-Learning website
- Choose the Login option
- Enter your username and password
If you've forgotten your password
If you've already registered but forgotten your login details, please use the Forgot Your Password option on the login page.
If you have any further problems, please contact us using the appropriate email address at the bottom of this page. Please do not create additional user accounts.
How long do courses take?
Course times vary, but all courses take between 30 minutes and 3 hours to complete, with a short test at the end. If you've passed the course, you'll be able to print out a certificate of completion. You don't have to complete the course in one go, you can dip in and out of the module, at work or at home, and the system will monitor your progress.
Once you start your eLearning course, you'll have 4 weeks to complete it, so we recommend that you only request one course at a time. If you don't complete the course within 4 weeks, you or your line manager may be charged for the cost of the course.
Once you complete a course, you'll be taken back to the course details page. From there you'll need to launch and complete the short evaluation form which is listed underneath the course modules. Once you've completed the evaluation, a certificate will be emailed to you.
You can also view your certificates at any time by selecting the Certificates tab from the menu options once you've logged in to Me-Learning.
If you have any queries, please use the following contact details.
Queries relating to children's safeguarding courses: STSCP@middlesbrough.gov.uk
Queries relating to adult safeguarding courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on how your details will be stored and handled can be found in the following: