Lots of operators are running a reduced service during lockdown because there are less people travelling. Up to date timetables and changes to public transport are available on Connect Tees Valley's website.
To help keep buses safe, various safety measures are in place. Please make sure you're aware of these before you travel:
- Keep your distance from people not in your household
- Look out for 'BUS FULL' signs - social distancing means the bus can take less people, so if this sign is visible, you may not be able to get on
- Take a window seat, avoid standing, and leave space in front and behind you
- Whichever face covering you choose, wear it on the bus if you can
- Wash or use hand sanitiser on your hands before and after your journey
- Use contactless payment or a pre-paid travel pass where possible
Please avoid peak travel times whenever you can, or consider walking or cycling if possible.
Middlesbrough bus station
Middlesbrough bus station is open 7 days a week, for reduced hours, from 5am until 10pm. Please try to keep left in the bus station.
Buses will be departing from their normal stands. See a list of stands and which buses depart from them.
After the bus station closes at 10pm, you can catch buses from either:
- Stand Z outside BBC Tees on Newport Road - for buses towards Stockton
- Brentnall Street outside Brentnall Business Units - for all other buses
Coaches will be departing from stand Z on Newport Road at all times of the day.
Toilets have re-opened, but with a reduced capacity. They will be closed for a short time every hour so we can clean them.
You'll be able to get on and off buses from stops in the town centre as normal, except for the stands outside the Cleveland Centre, which will stay closed.
Most train operators are reducing the number of services they're running.