Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Coronavirus - Information for residents icon

Coronavirus: information for residents

Coronavirus restrictions have now ended. But as cases are continuing to rise, we still need to be cautious and do whatever we can to stop the spread of the virus and protect others. You can find all the latest information and advice on GOV.UK.

Staying safe

Staying safe

To protect yourself and others, the government recommends that you:

  • keep washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
  • wear a face covering (unless you're exempt) in indoor places and on public transport
  • minimise the number of people you meet with, and meet outdoors if possible (if you meet inside, open windows for ventilation)

Getting vaccinated will help us stop the spread of coronavirus

Vaccines give you the best protection against coronavirus. A booster dose of the vaccine is available for everyone aged 18 and over, and some people aged 16 and over, who have had 2 doses of the vaccine at least 3 months ago. You may be able to get your jab at a walk-in clinic, without an appointment. Find out more on the vaccinations page.

Information about how to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus is available on the NHS website. Even though restrictions have ended, you must still get a test if you have symptoms of coronavirus (even if you've been vaccinated). If the test is positive, you must still self-isolate. If you do not self-isolate, you could be fined.

Money and housing

Money and housing

Test and Trace Support Payment

We've launched a payment to support people who may struggle with money if they need to self-isolate and cannot work.

Emergency food

If you need help with food in an emergency, the White Feather Project offers help 7 days a week, from 9am to 10pm. If you need support, please contact the White Feather Project on 07552 830185.

We also offer emergency help through the Community Support Team, who can be contacted on 0808 1789278 (Freephone).

Council Tax

You can call us on 01642 726006 if you need help or you're struggling to pay your Council Tax because of coronavirus.


Are you struggling to pay your Council Tax or Housing Benefit Overpayment? Are you struggling to make payments as part of an arrangement we've put in place with you? Please complete the online budget sheet to help us understand your current financial situation.

A caseworker will review the information you give us, and get in touch with you. They'll help you put a plan in place for making payments which works for both you and us. They'll also help you to keep on top of your current payments, and tell you how to get in touch with charities or organisations who can help you, if you need it.

Crisis Awards (food, clothing, utilities)

If you cannot afford to buy food, pay your gas and electric, or buy urgent clothing essentials due to coronavirus, you may be eligible for a Crisis Award as part of the Community Support Scheme. You can make a crisis application by calling the Freephone number 08081 789 278 or you can apply online. Find out more about Crisis Awards and apply online.

Any awards will be delivered via email / text where possible, given the current guidance to avoid contact with people. Awards are usually made as vouchers or pre-paid cards. So if we can, we'll email the Award to you, or send you a text message telling you how to use your Award at a PayPoint outlet.