The LAASLO team is there to help make sure things go well during your 'move on' period if you have received a positive decision on your asylum application.
You can email the LAASLO team on email@example.com if you need help or support.
When you get a positive decision and have received your biometric residency permit (BRP), you will have 28 days to leave your Mears accommodation. Mears will be in touch with you about this and you may also receive a telephone call from Migrant Help asking if you need support during the 'move on' period. The LAASLO team will also try to contact you by coming to your house or phoning you if they have your number.
Other things you will need to think about if you get a positive decision are:
- opening a bank account
- claiming benefits and Universal Credit
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses to help you learn English
- Ethnic Minority Achievement Team (EMAT) to help your children get into school and do well there
- Further education - for example, college and university
- employability (improving your skills, getting training, and finding and applying for jobs)