Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Transporter Bridge Icon

A negative decision or deciding to return home

Restrictions are starting to ease, but you must still remember: Hands. Face. Space. Fresh air. Check the current rules.

Assisted voluntary returns

If you do want to return home, help is available through the Home Office's Voluntary Returns Service (VRS). You can apply online for help to leave the UK and return home. You can also telephone the Voluntary Returns Service on 0300 004 0202, or you can speak to your immigration enforcement officer when you sign at the Reporting Centre.

The VRS is in the process of creating its own website, which will also be available in different languages. A link to the website will be available here when it has been created.

Getting a negative decision

When you get a negative decision on your asylum claim, you will only be able to stay in your property for another 21 days. After that, your financial support will also stop.

It's vital that you contact your lawyer and get immigration advice. If you are interested in returning home, the Strategic Cohesion and Migration Manager can also signpost you to that.

Other help which is available:


Button to click to get help from the council