Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Social Care and Support Icon

Travel to conflict zones

There will be a change to your usual bin collection day on week commencing Monday 30 May, due to the extra Bank Holiday. Our crews will be working between Monday to Thursday and all refuse collections that week will move a day forward. View your bin collection calendar.

The threat from terrorism in the UK, related to conflicts abroad, is of great concern. So too is the number of people being radicalised or drawn into terrorist-related activities at home and abroad.

Communities and families are asked to contact police about anyone they feel may be vulnerable.

Call the police on 101 if you:

  • are concerned about someone travelling to, or returning from, a conflict zone
  • are worried about someone showing signs of being radicalised
  • would like support or advice on radicalisation or terrorist-related activities

Trust your instincts and help prevent tragedies.

Communities defeat terrorism

You can help the police tackle terrorism and save lives by reporting suspicious behaviour and activity online.

Left behind

Useful links

Let's Talk About It: help and guidance for the public in order to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism

Cleveland Police website.
Alternatively, local police force contact details can be obtained by region through the Police.UK website

GOV.UK travel advice: latest travel advice by country including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings, and health

GOV.UK travel industry guidance: 'run, hide and tell' advice for travel industry and holiday makers

PDF resources


Button linking to a website for reporting terrorist activity online