Having staff who are knowledgeable and safe is essential to minimising the risk of a terrorist threat. It also ensures staff and customer safety, and business continuity, in the event of an emergency.
Making sure staff have access to appropriate training can make them feel safer and more confident in knowing what to do, which may just make a difference in keeping them and others safe from harm.
Below are links to a range of products from both the National Counter Terrorism Security Office and the Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure, which can be used to help increase vigilance and safety in respect to terrorism and the prevention of terrorism.
Advice for HR teams
Advice for security managers
- Employee campaign on security vigilance
- Improving work-based behaviours around security
- Security messages for new staff
- Fostering an 'it's okay to say' culture
Advice for mail room staff
- Mail screening, with lots of downloadable useful resources
Advice on physical security
- Physical security, including structural, product detection systems, physical worn equipment, and a range of other physical security factors