Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Planning and Housing Icon

Environmental permits: Part A2 and Part B permits

The risks of coronavirus remain high. To keep everyone safe, please stay cautious. Get the latest information about coronavirus.

Greenology (Teesside) Ltd. (Greenology House, 51 Sotheby Road, Skippers Lane Industrial Estate, Middlesbrough, TS3 8EA) has applied for a Small Waste Incineration Permit (SWIP).

You can comment on the application by writing to Middlesbrough Council, PO Box 505, Civic Centre, Middlesbrough TS1 9FZ or emailing The closing date for comments is 24 December 2020.

View the: public notice (PDF), application form (PDF), application part 1 (PDF), application part 2 (PDF), application part 3 (PDF), and application part 4 (PDF).

We are legally required to regulate certain types of businesses which produce pollution. This is to reduce any pollution they cause and help to improve air quality. Under the law, any type of premises which produces pollution is called an 'installation'. Businesses which operate an installation must have a permit.

There are two different types of installations:

  • Part A2
  • Part B

Find out more about Part A2 installations or Part B installations via GOV.UK.

You can use Part A2 and Part B application forms to apply for a permit for a Part A2 or Part B installation under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 ('the EP Regulations'), SI 2007/3538.

Find 'Part A2' & 'Part B' application costings.

For more information, visit Defra.

Completed applications should be sent to:

Environmental Protection Team
Phone: 01642 726001

Join the millions already vaccinated