Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Report it

Alcohol and entertainment licensing

If your business carries on any of the following activities you must apply to the council for a licence:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The supply of alcohol by a club
  • The provision of regulated entertainment in the presence of an audience i.e.
    • A performance of a play
    • An exhibition of a film
    • An indoor sporting event, boxing or wrestling entertainment
    • Performance of live music
    • Playing of recorded music, performance of a dance
    • Entertainment of a similar description to the performance of live music, the playing of recorded sound and the performance of dance
    • The provision of late night refreshment i.e. the provision of hot food or drink to members of the public between 11pm and 5am

The forms required for the application of the above licences can be obtained by following the links below.

Further details about licensable activities is available via the GOV.UK website. Please familiarise yourself with this guidance before making an application.

All services