Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Report it

Petroleum storage registration

England is now in lockdown again. A number of businesses must close and there are more restrictions on meeting people. Find out what this means for you.

Registration of petroleum storage

To run a business where petrol is stored for dispensing directly into the fuel tank of an internal combustion engine, or where large amounts of petrol are stored for private use, you need a licence from Middlesbrough Council.

A fee will be payable for this licence. The fee is variable and depends on the amount of petrol stored.

Read more about the relevant legislation.

How to apply

Apply for a licence to store petroleum.

Tell us about a change to your existing petroleum licence.

Apply to transfer your existing petroleum licence.

What happens next?

After receiving your application and fee, an authorised officer will carry out an inspection of the premises to ensure that they meet safety standards.

You won't be able to open your business until your registration has been confirmed.

Redress information

In case of dispute or to appeal a decision, please contact the Environmental Health Team on 01642 728011.

Customer complaint

If you're a customer of a licensed/registered premises and wish to complain about the service or products sold we would advise you to contact the trader in the first instance to resolve the matter. If the matter cannot be resolved please contact the Environmental Health Team on 01642 728011.

Trade associations

Report it