As a Middlesbrough Council employee, there are many different ways that you can contribute to the workforce, including joining one of our employee groups and share suggestions to make Middlesbrough Council an even better place to work. Here is an example of a few of our employee groups:-
- Employee Engagement Group - Chaired by the Chief Executive, this group includes staff from across the organisation. If you are enthusiastic, people-orientated, proactive, a good communicator, friendly and approachable, becoming an Engagement Champion could be right for you.
- Equality & Inclusion Working Group - Chaired by the Director of Adult Social Care and Health Integration. Equality and inclusion relates to disability, race, sex, gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy/maternity, marriage or civil partnerships, religion or beliefs and also any caring responsibilities you may have. If you are interested in equality, diversity and inclusion matters in the workplace, we welcome volunteers from each department to take an active role in this working group.
- BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity) Network - Employees from all ethnicities are welcome to join the group and participate in activities to promote Middlesbrough Council as an ‘Employer of Choice’ to BAME groups and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Disability Network - The network is open to everyone who has an active interest in removing any barriers that people with disabilities may face in either accessing employment, progression or career development.
- Carer’s Network - Middlesbrough Council supports working carers and works with all Service Areas to ensure that all working carers are supported to carry out their caring role at home and also to participate fully in the workplace, including career development opportunities and progression.