Great things are happening in Middlesbrough! Perhaps best known for Middlesbrough Football Club, we also have a thriving business community, a vibrant arts and entertainment scene, world-class learning establishments like Middlesbrough College and Teesside University, plus a number of exciting developments that are putting us on the map, like Subzero Snow Centre and Teesside Advanced Manufacturing Park.
With the coast to one side, the country to the other, and a vibrant city centre at its heart, Middlesbrough has a lot to offer. The famous Tees Transporter Bridge represents our proud heritage, whilst the shops, cafes, restaurants and businesses that make up our city centre look to our exciting future.
Reasons to choose Middlesbrough
- We’re currently undergoing an exciting period of growth, underpinned by Middlesbrough Council’s investment strategy. Visit the Invest in Middlesbrough website to find out more.
- We have great transport links, with the third largest train station in the North East, easy access to the Strategic Road Network via the A66 and A19, regional bus links and three international airports within 90 minutes’ drive.
- We offer city centre amenities with the warmth and friendliness of a town. The centre of Middlesbrough houses a wealth of boutique and big brand stores, bars, restaurants and cafes, and we’re home to celebrated entertainment and arts venues like Middlesbrough Town Hall and Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (MIMA). To find out more about what’s on in Middlesbrough, visit Love Middlesbrough.
- Middlesbrough provides a high quality of life for a low cost of living, leaving you more to enjoy each month!
- The Council is currently creating a new civic building in the heart of the city to support us in delivering fantastic services to the community. The fit-for-purpose building has been designed to achieve best practice standards in sustainable design, and the modern environment will provide the opportunity for innovative working, support agile working and help us to keep delivering results for the people of Middlesbrough.
When it comes down to it, the heart and soul of Middlesbrough is its people: we’re a can-do people, and this is a can-do place. We hope you can be part of it.