A volunteer is needed to support children from the local community to complete homework tasks on a weekly basis within Grove Hill Community Hub. Also to provide a safe learning environment for all.
- To support KS1 & KS2 children complete homework tasks
- Help children learn how to research topics
- Help children with printing and photocopying.
- Assist in the weekly running of homework club
Experience and skills
- Experience of working with children
- Good standard of education
- Some knowledge of national curriculum
To be determined
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.