A volunteer is needed to work with individuals to provide advice and support regarding housing benefits.
Middlesbrough Community Learning are looking for an energetic individual who has excellent customer service skills and a sound knowledge of IT to assist customers with their online applications to make a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, set up Council Tax accounts, report changes in their circumstances, and make payments.
With the guidance of qualified staff, the volunteer will:
- meet and greet customers and establish the nature of their visit
- assist with the completion of online forms
- scan documents which support their claims
- support customers to create email accounts and use Google Translate if English is not their first language
Experience and skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good standard of English and Maths
- No experience necessary as full training will be given
To be determined based upon volunteer's availability and the needs of the service.
There are 2 sessions per week, 3 hours on a Tuesday from 9am to 12pm, and 3 hours on a Friday from 12pm to 3pm.
Yes (volunteer will be working with vulnerable adults)
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.