A volunteer is needed to prepare light snacks for up to 24 students and maintain a hygienic environment.
- Prepare kitchen for lunch
- Prepare light snacks for students
- Be aware of all hygiene and health and safety regulations surrounding working in a kitchen
- Ensure kitchen is always reasonably stocked
- Prepare list for out of stock items to be purchased
Experience and skills
- Food hygiene certificate required
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of working in a kitchen environment
- Experience of preparing light snacks
- Experience working in a school environment
Monday to Wednesday, 11am - 1pm
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.