A volunteer is needed to act as a mystery shopper for adult social care services. Mystery shoppers help us to understand the quality of our services, customer service, and environments by observing the service while posing as a regular customer.
- Travelling to assigned service locations (support with travel expenses will be given if needed)
- Remaining discreet while posing as a regular customer
- Interacting with employees over the phone and in person to gauge customer service
- Checking the service environment to detect possible concerns and areas for improvement
- Complete a template report detailing the experience after each service visit
- Storing copies of completed surveys and reports
Experience and skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good organisation skills
- Good observation skills
- Ability to conduct duties discreetly and impartially
- Ability to travel independently to services
There is no regular commitment to this role. It will be ad hoc, and could be a particular week or month
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.