A volunteer is needed to provide translations to enable council staff to educate residents on the correct way to manage their household waste.
- Work with Middlesbrough Council's Recycling Education team
- Visit properties as instructed by the Recycling Education team
- Translate relevant information to residents
- Provide translation to Middlesbrough Council staff to aid the design of marketing and communication material
Experience and skills
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following languages:
- Ability to translate written and spoken word into languages listed above
To be determined
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.