A volunteer is needed to support local residents to access online services and help them find suitable work, education or training.
Support learners in a range of duties including:
- Logging onto Universal Jobmatch
- Using keywords to job search
- Recording all job related activities in the “Activity History” section
- Register and apply for jobs on various websites including, Indeed, CV Library, Reed
- Sending emails to apply for jobs and attaching CV and Cover Letter
- Amending/updating CVs in Word
- Printing various documents including CVs, Application forms
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good standard of English and maths
- Good IT Skills
To be determined
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.