Thank you for showing an interest in working for Middlesbrough Council. The council acts as a community leader, working with local residents, businesses, public sector partners and the voluntary and community sector to help deliver the Mayor’s vision of a 'Fairer, Safer and Stronger' Middlesbrough.
If you want to be part of this vision, improve the lives of Middlesbrough residents, and join more than 3,500 people already employed at the council who are enjoying a great benefits package, take a look at our current job vacancies and take a step towards joining the Middlesbrough Council team.
Working for the council offers a range of benefits, because rewarding our people for the valuable work they do helps us to attract and retain the very best talent.
If you choose to work for us, we'll offer you a great range of benefits, including:
- Competitive pay – Middlesbrough Council has adopted the Living Wage and pays all employees a minimum of £8.26 per hour.
- Local Government Pension Scheme – Become a member of the Teesside Pension Fund, a contributory pension scheme with substantial employer contributions. This provides guaranteed income for the rest of your life when you retire, and a death in service cover of 3 times your salary for your loved ones should the worst happen whilst you’re in service.
- Generous annual leave – Leave starts at 26 days and increasing to 31 days following five years’ service – as well as eight Bank Holidays (pro rata to hours worked).
- Salary sacrifice schemes – Schemes include a childcare voucher scheme, car parking permits and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Work-life balance opportunities – The council recognises the benefits of a healthy workforce and offers employees the opportunity to achieve a positive work-life balance. This includes flexible working or working remotely, from home or out in the community, and embracing new technologies to make this possible.