Do you have a hidden talent? Ever wanted to perform live on stage at the Town Hall?
Now's your chance!
Middlesbrough Town Hall is running the town's biggest ever talent search and you can get involved without even leaving the house.
Just upload a video to the Middlesbrough Town Hall Facebook page, or tag us in your Twitter or Instagram posts using #Borosgottalent2020.
You can be any age to join in and we want to see every kind of talent.
The winner will be decided by public vote, and they'll get the chance to take centre stage and perform live at the Town Hall as an opening act.
Terms and conditions
1. The competition will run for the duration of the national lockdown – we (Middlesbrough Council) reserve the right to extend or reduce the length of the competition period at any time.
2. Every talent counts – they will all be considered once submitted. Exceptions to this are anything:
- considered to be inappropriate for family viewing
- considered to be dangerous (or carried out in a dangerous manner)
- illegal or perceived to promote illegal activity
3. Participants of all ages are encouraged to take part. If you're submitting a video of someone else, please make sure you have their permission and/or the permission of their parent or guardian.
4. Participants from outside of Middlesbrough are also welcome to take part.
5. A group of judges will decide on a shortlist of 10.
6. Shortlisted finalists will be notified within one week of the competition closing.
7. Shortlisted finalists will be entered into an online poll for the public to decide the winner.
8. The winning act will be invited to showcase their talent as part of a very special Town Hall opening party event. This prize is not exchangeable and has no monetary value.
By uploading your video entry to the Town Hall Facebook page or tagging your video with the hashtag #Borosgottalent2020, you consent to your video being used for:
- The council to publish the video on the Middlesbrough Town Facebook page
- The council to share the video on other council-operated social media pages and websites
- Members of the public to vote on your video
- Middlesbrough Council to contact applicants who are shortlisted and the successful winner
Further to the above, you accept that your video will be published on social media platforms and may be shared by others once uploaded, and that we will not be able to control the spread or reach of the video once upload has taken place.
Although we have not requested special category data e.g. racial ethnic origin etc., if you chose to include such information, by uploading your video you are providing the council with explicit consent for the same purposes as above.
If you wish to withdraw your consent and for the council to remove your video from our websites/social media platforms, please contact email@example.com and we will do so within 72 hours of receiving your request.
Please be advised that we will not be able to request third party social media pages/websites remove your video.
For more information on how Middlesbrough Council uses and manages your data, visit the data protection page.