Over 120 public computers are available to use free of charge in Central Library and Community Hubs across Middlesbrough. All computers provide:
- access to the Internet and email
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 which includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Publisher
- printing and scanning facilities
- access to a wide range of online resources including Ancestry Library and Find My Past
- access files on USB sticks, smartphones, and cloud storage services
The public computers are free to use, but we do charge for printing and scanning services. View the latest printing and scanning charges.
How to book a computer
Registered users can book a public computer in advance, or you can just turn up on the day if you prefer. Please be aware that in some locations, computers can be busy at peak times.
Once you’ve signed a form agreeing to our conditions of use, you can book yourself onto a public computer using your library card and PIN number. To make it fair for all users, bookings are limited to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
Free public Wi-Fi is available throughout Central Library and at the Community Hubs. Connect your device to the 'MBC Guest' network, create an account, and access free Wi-Fi at any of our facilities throughout Middlesbrough. Simply connect, sign in and surf! Read more about the council's Wi-Fi network.