Teesside Archives holds a range of collections from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, and Redcar & Cleveland, relating to:
- Businesses and companies such as British Steel, ICI, Head Wrightson, Furness Shipbuilding etc. as well as many smaller firms
- Churches, parishes and other religious groups
- Estate records including the Pennyman Family of Ormesby Hall
- Land ownership and deeds including Owners of the Middlesbrough Estate
- Local councils and their predecessor bodies
- Local organisations including charities, sports clubs, political parties, entertainment etc.
The collections include a range of records including:
- Correspondence files
- Financial records
- Oral histories
- Photographs and negatives
The earliest record in the archive dates from the 12th century but the bulk of our records date from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and we continue to collect records up to the modern day.
Depositing your records
Collections are made up of a mixture of records deposited with Teesside Archives by councils, local businesses, organisations and individuals. If you have records relevant to the area of Teesside that you would be interested in depositing, please contact us for more details.