Teesside Archives holds a range of collections from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, and Redcar & Cleveland, relating to:
- businesses and companies - including British Steel, ICI, Head Wrightson, Furness Shipbuilding etc., as well as many smaller firms
- churches, parishes, and other religious groups
- estate records - including the Pennyman Family of Ormesby Hall
- land ownership and deeds - including owners of the Middlesbrough Estate
- local councils and their predecessors (for example, Cleveland County Council)
- local organisations including charities, sports clubs, political parties, entertainment etc.
The collections include a range of records including:
- correspondence files
- financial records
- oral histories
- photographs and negatives
The earliest record in the archive dates from the 12th century but the bulk of our records date from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries, and we continue to collect records up to the modern day.
Depositing your records
Collections are made up of a mixture of records deposited with Teesside Archives by councils, local businesses, organisations, and individuals. If you have records relevant to the Teesside area which you would be interested in depositing, please contact us for more details.
Phone: 01642 248321