Research Service: simple searches - up to 30 minutes
We can undertake a simple search (up to 30 minutes) of specific sources for a charge of £12.50 including VAT. This service provides an experienced member of staff to undertake your research and a basic research report including copies (either by post or email) of relevant documents where possible.
Specific sources that we can search include but are not limited to:
- General Register Office indexes of births, marriages and deaths (this will provide the details needed to order a certificate and give you the year and quarter of the event)
- Church records (please consult our guides to parish registers before requesting)
- Court records (please note, recent Court Registers are closed for 30 years under the Data Protection Act 1998.)
- Ship registration
- Council minutes
Where possible your research report will include a photocopy / print / watermarked scan of the entry. You will be able to choose one of the following options:
• Black and white photocopies or prints - up to 6 single-sided A4 sheets or 3 single-sided A3 sheets
• Colour photocopies or prints - up to 2 single-sided A4 sheets or 1 single-sided A3 sheet
• Watermarked scan - up to 4 images
Once we have received your request we aim to respond within 10 working days. If you have requested that your research report and any copies are sent to you by post, please allow an additional 5 days for delivery.