Who are we and what do we do?
Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland’s Stop Smoking Service provides expert advice, support and medication to help you stop smoking for good. It offers free one-to-one support along with stop smoking medicines, available for the cost of a prescription. Studies show that you are four times more likely to quit for good with support from the Stop Smoking Service.
What type of personal data do we collect and how do we collect it?
Information you give us you will provide the following information during your initial session with the practitioner this will include name, address, email address, phone number and registered GP.
Information we collect about you in order to provide you with the best possible service to facilitate you stop smoking we may collect information from the following source
Information we receive from other sources we may receive information about you if you have used other services, in this case you will have been informed that this would be forwarded to this service. This can be from the following sources
How the law allows us to use your personal information
You will have entered into a contract with us and given consent at the time of referral. We will also be processing special category information in relation to your health. You will have freely provided the information and consent to the service.
What is your personal data used for?
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other Public Health England services we offer that we feel may be of interest to you, you can opt out of receiving any communication we send you relating to this at any time;
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services we feel may be of benefit to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can use the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). This is collected during the registration and recorded on the Quit Manager system. Consent can be withdrawn at any time and your details removed from the system.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide anonymised statistical information in relation to Department of Health
Information we collect
To provide you with the best targeted service we can offer in order to assist with your success to stop smoking.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Will your personal data be shared?
We may share your information with third parties.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We will store your information securely on Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland Quitmanager system. Information is then held whilst you are in involved with the service, previous quit attempts are relevant to current care and held, however only previous provider, quit dates and outcomes are held.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your information for 2 years following this timeframe we will then anonymise all your information so we can continue to use statistical data relating to the delivery and success of our service.
Is your personal data processed overseas?
Your information is never transferred overseas.
We will only send you information about our services and/or products if you have agreed for us to do so or we are sending you information in relation to similar services you have received in the past. You can opt out of this at any time by letting us know by unsubscribing or replying with your request.
What are your information rights?
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data which will result in the removal of the service as we must ensure we have your correct information in order to facilitate the programme.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Contact: If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 500 Middlesbrough TS1 9FT
T 01642 245432