Civic Awards 2021 - Boro's unsung heroes
The Civic Community Awards will return in 2021 for a third year, celebrating local people who have made a difference. Last year we had to have a virtual ceremony but this year we're planning on having a fantastic in-person awards ceremony at the Town Hall.
Community spirit has been unwavering over the last 12 months and we’ve witnessed many extraordinary acts of kindness from people all over the town. Watch this page for information on the launch of the 2021 Civic Awards and how you can nominate someone!
2020 Civic Awards winners
- Citizen of the Year – Susan Gill
- Covid –19 Award – Philippa Donegan
- Helping People Improve their Educational and Vocational Capability (Business) – Vicky Scott
- Helping People Improve their Educational and Vocational Capability (Community) – Unicorn Centre
- Improving Employment Opportunities for Residents (Business) – ITEC (North East)
- Improving Employment Opportunities for Residents (Community) – Barbara Smith and Routes to Work
- Improving the Health and Wellbeing of Residents (Business) – Leon and Adele Pengilley
- Improving the Health and Wellbeing of Residents (Community) – Ted Docherty
- Making People Happier (Business) – Nunthorpe Oaks Care Home
- Making People Happier (Community) - Farshid Azizi
- Making Physical Improvements to our Neighbourhoods (Business) – Gary Hamilton (Active Tees Valley)
- Making Physical Improvements to our Neighbourhoods (Community) – Community Champions
Read their stories
If you're struggling to read the PDF, please email email@example.com.