Please note, Middlesbrough House will be closed for refurbishment from Monday 9 January 2017. All services based in Middlesbrough House will be temporarily moved to the old Register Office. You can also carry out many tasks and transactions on this website.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however this upgrade is in order to improve the service we can provide to you.
Advice on housing benefit and Council Tax Reduction is available at the main benefit office (Middlesbrough House).
Staff can answer any questions you have or help you to complete an application form. Please remember to bring evidence of your identity, National Insurance number, proof of residency, and rent owed, as well as proof of all income and savings.
You don't need an appointment but you'll need to take a ticket before you're seen at reception.
If you don't need to speak to a member of staff, you can use the computers in the self service area to make a new claim or report a change in your personal circumstances.
- We aim to keep waiting times to a minimum
- You'll be seen by a fully trained advisor
- Appointments are available on request
- A trained 'signer' for the hearing impaired can be arranged by prior appointment
- Hearing loops are available in some interview rooms
- Disabled toilets are available
- Limited parking including disabled spaces is available outside Middlesbrough House (Elm Street) or on Corporation Road
- Letters and forms can be made available in braille, on tape or in large print. Let us know which service you require and we'll take care of the rest. This service is free.
You can also contact Benefit Services and Revenue Services by phone, email or post. View our contact details.
When you get in touch with our office by phone, we'll ask you questions based on the information in your claim before giving you any information. This is for security reasons, so we're sure of your identity and can protect your information from unauthorised access.
If you can't get to Middlesbrough House, you may be able to speak to one of our benefit advisors who work in the community.
|Monday||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||12.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Thursday||8.30am to 4.30pm|
|Friday||8.30am to 4pm|
|Address||PO Box 98, Middlesbrough House, 50 Corporation Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 2YQ|
01642 726005 - Benefit Services
01642 726007 - Revenue Services