The jam packed Queen’s Platinum Jubilee long weekend celebrations just keep getting bigger and better here in Middlesbrough.
From Wednesday, June 1 – Sunday, June 5, the town centre and surrounding areas will be alive with the sounds of street parties, celebrations and one-off events.
The Jubilee Cabaret at Middlesbrough Theatre on Wednesday, June 1 celebrates the music that has accompanied the longest reign of any British monarch – and the audience is invited to ‘pay what it’s worth’ at the end of the evening.
Musinc are running an exciting project for anyone who loves to sing or plays an orchestral instrument as a part of the 2022 Jubilee celebrations.
A workshop is being held on Saturday, May 28 from 9.30am to 4.30pm at Middlesbrough Town Hall. It is free to join and lunch is provided and all abilities are welcome to join.
Participants will to join a professional choir and orchestra for the day to learn and play ‘Zadok the Priest’ and other music from coronations.
Performances of the finished product from the workshop are as follows:
- Thursday, June 2, 11am and 2pm in Middlesbrough Town Centre
- Saturday, June 4, 3pm in Albert Park, Middlesbrough.
Other events include:
- Thursday, June 2
- 11am - 6pm - Orange Pip Market Bank Holiday Special, Centre Square
- 8pm - 10pm - Jubilee Night at the Museum, Dorman Museum
- 9.30pm - Official Jubilee Beacon lighting, Cenotaph
- Friday, June 3
- 11 - 6pm - Orange Pip Market Bank Holiday Special, Centre Square
- 1pm - 2pm - Jubilee Parade, Middlesbrough town centre
- Saturday, June 4
- Noon - 4pm - Jubilee music celebration, Albert Park
For more information on all the events visit We are Middlesbrough.
For more information regarding the Jubilee Cabaret visit the Middlesbrough Theatre website.
For more information regarding the Musinc workshop and performances, please contact email@example.com. To join call the Box Office on 01642 729 729.