Middlesbrough Council’s School Readiness Team provides childcare providers with access to an online eligibility checking service allowing checks to be made as to whether their child is eligible for a free 2, 3 or 4 year old early learning placement.
Middlesbrough Council is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We receive data from the national Eligibility Checking Service (ECS) about eligible children which we must share with early learning providers in Middlesbrough in order to deliver an effective service.
Information we hold about you includes your name, address, contact details, email address, date of birth, National Insurance number and/or NASS number and your child’s name, address, date of birth and NASS number (if applicable).
The data you provide will be used to:
- Correspond with you regarding your application.
- Check with the appropriate Government departments (HMRC and DWP) whether your child is eligible to receive a free early learning childcare placement.
- Inform early year’s providers if there is a change in the child’s entitlement status.
- Ensure accuracy of records across the Local Authority and to check against fraud.
Data agreements are in place to ensure that:
- Only nominated representatives are able to access eligibility information
- The data cannot be used in any way that would affect an individual’s entitlement to benefits or services, other than the intended application for a free early learning placement.
- The data in any published reports is anonymised and it will be impossible for any individual to be identified.
- All data is transferred, handled and stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Appropriate measures are in place to prevent unauthorised access and use of your data.
We will not share information about you to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies require us to do so and we will not use your data for any other purpose than those stated in this notice.
Your information will be retained by us in our electronic system for up to 7 years so we can continue to provide you with a service and in line with the Limitations Act 1980.
Please contact: School Readiness Team if you have any queries regarding this privacy notice.
Phone: 01642 727117