If you wish to make a vehicle crossing between the roadway and your own land within the adopted highway, eg from/to a driveway, you'll need to apply for a vehicle pavement crossing licence. The licence must be obtained prior to any work taking place.
Application forms should be submitted to: Transport and Infrastructure, PO Box 504, Civic Centre, Middlesbrough, TS1 9FY, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need advice about a vehicle pavement crossing, please call 01642 728156.
Please note the following guidance:
- You or any contractor working on your behalf will require a valid Public Liability Insurance policy to the value of £5,000,000
- You will indemnify the highway authority in respect of all claims made as a result of the carrying out of the works
- You will maintain the work to the satisfaction of the council, for a period of 2 years, commencing from the notification of the completed works
- The works must be completed in accordance with Highway Authority Specifications
- You must ensure that the relevant notices have been submitted to the streetworks register and ensure that any skip to be placed in the highway also has any necessary licence
- The road works must be signed, complying with the relevant Traffic Signs Regulations
- The council acting as the highway authority has the right to complete the works and charge the licence holder in any case of a breach of the above conditions