Metz Bridge Court (formerly Metz Bridge Gypsy and Traveller Site) consists of 20 permanent plots for long-term residents. Each plot has a maximum number of permitted units. A unit is classed as a caravan or motor vehicle. Each plot has an amenity block with a bathroom, toilet, and kitchenette.
We are currently not taking any new applications for permanent plots. We'll look at this decision again soon.
Code of conduct
We expect the same standards of behaviour from Gypsies and Travellers as we expect from the settled community.
Gypsies and Travellers will:
- Keep the site and surrounding area clean, tidy, and free from damage.
- Make sure that waste is disposed of properly. Travellers will be able to dispose of their domestic waste at authorised depots. Skips can be provided where Travellers agree to contribute towards the cost.
- Keep animals under control and make sure to get permission from landowners before grazing animals.
- Not cause a nuisance to neighbours or damage any property.
- Not light fires that produce dark smoke or cause a nuisance to others.
- Tell the council their intended date for leaving the site.
- Leave the encampment on the agreed date.
- Leave the site in a clean and tidy condition.
- Not occupy the same land again for at least 3 months.
When we're making a decision about whether or not to allow an unauthorised encampment, we'll look at a number of factors, including whether you've complied with the code of conduct.
If you need advice about the code of conduct, or any other matter associated with Gypsies and Travellers, please contact:
Phone: 01642 726001
How to apply
We are currently not taking any new applications for permanent plots. We'll look at this decision again soon. We respond to any queries about plot applications within 10 working days.
To apply for a plot at Metz Bridge Court, you'll need to complete parts 1 and 2 of the Gypsy and Traveller assessment. Forms are available either in PDF or .doc format. If you have access to an email account, please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|.doc (Microsoft Word)|
|Gypsy and Traveller Assessment Form part 1 (PDF)
Gypsy and Traveller Assessment Form part 2 (PDF)
|Gypsy and Traveller Assessment Form part 1 (DOC)
Gypsy and Traveller Assessment Form part 2 (DOC)
If you need any help with filling in the form, please contact:
Phone: 01642 726001
Report repairs during office hours: 01642 726001
Report a disruption to the electricity supply out of hours: 0300 111 1000
Report problems with anti-social behaviour: 01642 228500
For problems with rent payments, water payments, or your pitch agreement, please email email@example.com.
- Housing support (Humankind, was known as DISC)
- Housing Benefit information (Middlesbrough Council)
- Middlesbrough Citizens Advice - for benefits advice