Planning and Housing Icon

Housing disrepair

For private tenants, the council can assess the property they rent to determine if any poor housing conditions will have an impact on their health, safety and wellbeing. The Housing Health and Safety Rating System is used to assess this. Examples of typical hazards include damp and mould, excess cold, and danger of falling. Action can be taken against landlords to compel them to make improvements where serious risks are found.

You can report disrepair or poor housing conditions using the online form.

If you're unable to use the online form, you can contact the council’s Environment Contact Centre on 01642 726001.

Read more about the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.