The Tenancy Referencing Service offers a free service to member landlords which allows them to make informed choices about prospective tenants when letting properties in the Middlesbrough area.
Benefits of membership
- Assistance from Tenancy Relation Officers in completing application forms where necessary
- Two stage robust referencing service for potential tenants
Basic ASB and previous tenancy check- reference returned within 2 working days
In depth previous 3 year reference- returned within 3-5 working days
- A dedicated team to support landlords through the letting process
- Support from the Neighbourhood Safety Team to help tackle tenants responsible for anti-social behaviour and breaches of the tenancy agreement
- Representation at a multi-agency forum that exchanges information on nuisance and harassment
If you have any queries about the Tenancy Referencing Service please contact the Neighbourhood Safety Team via the council's Contact Centre on 01642 245432.
Request a referencing check
You can also download a guidance document which will help you to fill out the tenant application form.