New Local Plan timetable
The council has agreed a timetable for delivery of the New Local Plan, which is available in our Local Development Scheme (LDS) 2018-2020 document.
New Local Plan consultation
The council is reviewing its Local Plan. The review is to ensure that the council will have an up-to-date, comprehensive and fully National Planning Policy Framework compliant Local Plan.
The next stage of the Local Plan is submission, which is currently planned for June 2019.
Previous Local Plan Consultations
Publication Local Plan
The council consulted on its Publication Local Plan between 9 November and 21 December 2018, and the comments received are now being processed by Planning Policy services. A report on the consultation will follow in due course.
Documents relating to the Publication Local Plan consultation:
- Middlesbrough Publication Local Plan
- Preferred Options Consultation statement
- Response form/guidance notes and statement of representation
- Publication Policies Map
- Publication Town Centre Insert Map
- Duty to Cooperate Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Publication
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Response to Preferred Options
The council consulted on its Preferred Options report between 24 May and 9 July 2018, and the comments received have been taken into account in finalising the Publication Local Plan (see above).
Documents relating to the Preferred Options consultation: