New Local Plan timetable
The Local Plan was due to be submitted to the Government in June 2019. However, at the meeting of Full Council on 26 June 2019, the Mayor announced that work on the Local Plan would be paused.
Further updates on the Local Plan will appear on this page once a new timetable for the Local Plan has been agreed.
Previous Local Plan Consultations
Publication Local Plan
The council consulted on its Publication Local Plan between 9 November and 21 December 2018.
Documents relating to the Publication Local Plan consultation:
- Middlesbrough Publication Local Plan
- Preferred Options Consultation statement
- Response form/guidance notes and statement of representation
- Publication Policies Map
- Publication Town Centre Insert Map
- Duty to Cooperate Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Publication
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Response to Preferred Options
The council consulted on its Preferred Options report between 24 May and 9 July 2018, and the comments received have been taken into account in finalising the Publication Local Plan (see above).
Documents relating to the Preferred Options consultation: