Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Social Care and Support Icon


If you have problems with incontinence you're not alone; many people experience the same sort of problems. Medical help is available - specially-trained nurses and physiotherapists can offer support and advice, which can greatly improve your situation or even cure you completely.

There are products and services available that can also help you to cope, such as pads, mattress protectors, wet wipes, and lotions.

To access incontinence services you'll need to be referred to the continence advisory service. You can ask your GP (family doctor), district nurse or social worker about this.

The Bladder and Bowel Community and the Continence Foundation provide advice and support for people with bladder and bowel control problems. NHS Choices also provides further information about urinary incontinence and bowel incontinence, including treatments and details of what support is available through the NHS.