Fitting some physical activity into your day is easier than you think. Being active is good for your body, mind and health, and there are lots of easy ways you and your family can get active.
Why not try adding some simple changes to your daily routine such as:
- Taking the stairs instead of the lift.
- Using local parks and open spaces to be active. They’re convenient to get to and free to use.
- Being active with family, friends or work colleagues. Arranging a regular activity that you all enjoy will soon become a social event that you will look forward to.
For more information on getting active visit
Local information and support
For useful information and support around getting active in Middlesbrough visit:
- Everyone Active
- Middlesbrough Council cycling services
- Middlesbrough Environment City
- North East sport club and activity finder
If you've been identified at high risk of a health condition you might benefit from regular activity sessions. The council's Health Development Team deliver a range of GP referral programmes to support you to prevent or manage your health condition. For more information, call 01642 513025 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.