It's important to access the right health service to ensure that your health needs are met. Use the information below to help you choose.
- Make an appointment with your GP if you feel unwell and it's not an emergency
- Ask your local pharmacist for advice about common minor illnesses such as diarrhoea, minor infections, headaches, sore throats, or for travel advice
- Visit a walk-in-centre for minor injuries such as cuts, sprains, and rashes if it can’t wait until your GP surgery is open
- Call 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life threatening situation, or if you're unsure about which NHS service you need
- Call 999 or visit A&E only for life-threatening illnesses and injuries