Breast cancer awareness
- Know what’s normal for you
- Know what changes to look and feel for (see above)
- Look and feel – check all parts of your breast, armpit and up to your collarbone
- Make sure you examine your breasts once a month – set your day and remember it! It might be the date of your birthday or the first of the month.
- Tell your GP about any changes straight away
- Go for breast screening when invited
Breast cancer screening
If you have any additional needs or you have breast implants please contact the Breast Screening Programme on 01642 617088. They’re there to support you how they can to enable you to have screening.
If you're over 70 you can still request breast screening every 3 years, simply contact the screening unit