The Falls Service
If you've attended Accident and Emergency or called an ambulance due to a fall, you may be referred to the Falls Service for an assessment. If your doctor is concerned about you having falls, you may also be referred for assessment and appropriate treatment.
The Falls Team aim to reduce falls and related injuries in people aged 65 and over. They're a multi-disciplinary team providing specialist assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to older people at risk of falls, including:
- Education and advice on falls awareness to older people in the community
- Falls and balance exercise and education classes
- Home based personalised exercise programmes
- Home hazard assessments and intervention including advice and assessment with the aim to increase independence
- Identification of osteoporosis risk and health promotion advice
You can visit the South Tees NHS website to learn more about the Falls Service.