The Household Support Fund supports residents with energy bills, food, and essential costs like Council Tax. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for help from the Household Support Fund.
The scheme will run from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. We'll be releasing the money in phases so we can support the people most in need. It also means we can support people whose circumstances change during the year. You may be eligible for payments in each phase.
To be eligible for a payment, you must be liable for the Council Tax, rent, or mortgage for a property in Middlesbrough, and you must live at that property. You cannot have more than £6,000 in savings.
The Household Support Fund is funded by the government.
Households getting benefits
Households with children
We've now sent vouchers to:
- households with children who are getting income-related free school meals
- households which have applied in the past, where we could verify they still met the required criteria
The vouchers were sent between 4 and 8 December 2023.
If you did not get a voucher, you can now apply online. We're accepting applications from families:
- with children under the age of 5, where another child in the household is getting income-related free school meals
- whose children attend a school outside Middlesbrough but they live in Middlesbrough, and they are getting income-related free school meals
- whose children are not eligible for income-related free school meals, but the household is getting Council Tax Reduction, Universal Credit, or Housing Benefit