Middlesbrough's Boho Zone is the digital, creative, and business hub of the Tees Valley.
Boho One is the flagship building for DigitalCity Business and the heart of the Boho Zone - the commercial quarter for the town's digital media, digital technology and creative sectors.
Boho One specifications:
- High quality space for digital media, digital technologies and creative businesses
- Units from 35 - 1,900 sq. m. (approx. 375 - 2,150 sq. ft.) - subject to availability
- Ultra-high-speed communications and Open Wi-Fi in public areas
- Ultra high-speed collaboration - designated one of Northern Way's Media Enterprise Centres, Boho One is a major hub for its collaboration engine which offers northern businesses the chance to bid, win and work together on large scale media projects
- Secure, air conditioned server room minimises cooling burden on companies and maximises security
- Onsite render farm linked to Northern Way's ultra high-speed collaboration engine
- Heating and cooling using groundwater heat pump, heat retaining concrete ceilings, computer modelled natural lighting, natural and assisted air circulation, solar shading, and wind turbines to give environmentally sensitive and economic all year comfort
- More than fifty networking spaces in the building, including informal getaways, 10 breakout zones, 12 secure exterior areas, concourse area
- Event space available for hire
- Parking spaces (limited supply, for rent)
For further information about office space in Boho One and the DigitalCity Business project, please email Boho_Buildings@Middlesbrough.gov.uk.
The second building in the Boho Zone.
Bohouse is a development of live/work units, which sits alongside Boho One. It's designed to offer flexible space to allow you to work from home and set up your new business in the digital and creative industries.
The third building in the Boho Zone.
Platform Arts occupies purpose-built studios within Middlesbrough railway station. Housed in the old British Rail parcel store and fish quay, it provides professional artists and craftspeople with studio space
Gibson House (Boho 4)
The fourth building in the Boho Zone.
Gibson House is a genuine creative hub where new businesses, established successful companies and support agencies work together. Renovation of the classical building was carefully planned to ensure office users benefited from a completely flexible and simple solution to their business needs.
For further information visit the Boho 4 website.
Boho Five offers office accommodation for up to 50 small and medium sized enterprises in the digital and creative sector. Office sizes range from 100 – 1000 sq. ft.
Built specifically to support new and growing businesses in the sector, Boho 5 provides:
- Informal space for pre-start companies and potential entrepreneurs exploring business ideas.
- Fast start incubation space for companies starting up or progressing from being home-based.
- Flexible space to accommodate the rapid growth phases of more developed companies.
- Project spaces for use by companies requiring short term capacity.
The building will operate in close partnership with DigitalCity Business, meaning tenants will benefit from their expert advice, mentoring programme and sector support.
Sitting in the heart of Middlehaven, a fantastic new urban streetscape, Boho Five is situated close to Middlesbrough town centre and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
If you're interested in moving to Boho Five and would like a viewing, please email Boho_Buildings@Middlesbrough.gov.uk.
Crown House (Boho 6)
The sixth building in the Boho Zone.
Set in the beautifully restored Crown House, Boho 6 provides the very best facilities including quality office space and high speed fibre optic broadband, and is located just a minute's walk from the rail station.
Boho 8 is the latest addition to the Boho digital zone. The £2.5million project offers bespoke modular units for rapidly expanding companies already located in the area, as well as attracting new businesses.