There's still time to apply for a bigger bin before fortnightly rubbish collections start. Find out what you need to do

Home chevron_right Business and licensing chevron_right Trading Standards advice for customers

Trading Standards advice for customers

If you think a business is acting unfairly or illegally, you can report them to Trading Standards.

You can report a business for:

  • selling unsafe or dangerous items
  • selling fakes
  • pressuring you into buying something
  • scamming you
  • carrying out poor quality or dangerous work (for example, builders)
  • selling restricted items (like alcohol or cigarettes) to people who look underage without asking for ID

If you have a problem with goods or services you've bought, you can get advice on your rights from the Citizens Advice consumer service.

The Citizens Advice website also has a range of self-help guidance leaflets which may help you with your consumer problems.

Visit Middlesbrough Trading Standards on Facebook for the latest news about consumer rights, deals, and scams.

If you want to report a business or trade, please contact us via Citizens Advice Consumer Services.