Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland's Safeguarding Children Boards have been replaced by the South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership.
South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (STSCP) is:
'A partnership committed to keeping children safe and working together to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and families.'
The STSCP supports and enables local organisations and agencies in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland to work together in a system which places the child at the heart of the process and aims to ensure that:
- children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted;
- partner organisations and agencies collaborate, share and co-own the vision for how to achieve improved outcomes for vulnerable children;
- organisations and agencies challenge appropriately and hold one another to account effectively;
- there is early identification and analysis of new safeguarding issues and emerging threats;
- learning is promoted and embedded in a way that local services for children and families can become more reflective and implement changes to practice;
- information is shared effectively to facilitate more accurate and timely decision making for children and families.
Professionals/practitioners from the council, health services, police, probation, schools, voluntary sector, Child and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS), and many others are represented on the STSCP.
STSCP has a range of roles and statutory functions including:
- developing local safeguarding policy and procedures
- scrutinising local arrangements
- South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership published arrangements
- South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership newsletter - October 2019
- South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership privacy notice
- Tees threshold document
Visit the Tees Safeguarding Children Partnerships' Procedures (Tees CPP) website for more information about safeguarding procedures, and information and guidance about issues which specifically affect children.
Telephone: 07970 427456 or 07970 427470